What: Tour de Tampere: Extreme-TdT 300km, Guided Mtb-event.
When: 27.-28.May 2016
Participation fee will be approximately 30 euros.
Compulsory information meeting for participants: Friday 27.5. at 18.00 (6.00pm).
Event start: Friday 27.5. at 19.00. Place: TESC
Event finish: Saturday 28.5. at 18.00. Place: TESC
In a nutshell: Tour de Tampere (TdT) is well organized MTB event which offers you a great challenge to push the limits. There is a large variety of different groups from 5 to 8 hours of riding on great surfaces around Tampere region at your own level. There are groups not only for mountain bikers (XC- and enduro), but also for Cyclo Crossers or even Trekking bikers. Great opportunity to get a view on the nature surrounding Tampere. In years 2009-2015 there have been 200-300 participants per year.
If you’re not satisfied to have “only” eight hard hours of MTB (which is already quite challenging to most who already have a good MTB-experience), there is an extra challenge: TdT-Extreme, twenty hours of riding quite technical trails but also some gravel and tarmac roads. Shortly, that race (which actually isn’t a race because we won’t race against others, just against tiredness...) includes two loops. The first loop goes North from Tampere (destination Jämi), and second loop to South, around lake Roine
Service: The extreme group is based on high self-service idea. There is one service car for some emergency cases, i.e. some member of the group is totally tired or there comes some severe technical damages. Service car enables also some water fillings in places where that’s not otherwise possible. Self-service, however, does mean that you have to carry most of your liquids, gels, bars, tools, etc. in your backbag.
Time schedule (some little changes may come later):
- Compulsory ridermeeting Friday 27.5. at 18.00. (TESC)
- The ride starts at 19.00.
THE FIRST LOOP 19.00 (Friday) - 9.30 (Saturday)/ 14½ hours, 190km/2250m vertical
Services during the first loop (Water filling, technical assistance)
- Service car/ short rest (20 min) approximately 23.00 o’clock at Kyröskoski.
- SC/ short rest (30 min) approximately 2.00 o’clock at Jämi.
- SC /breakfast (40 min) approximately 5.30 o’clock at Hämeenkyrö. (opportunity to buy buffet breakfast/warm meal)
THE FIRST LOOP ENDS at 9.30/ Back in TESC
- Opportunity to get your service bag (change dry clothes, fill your backbag with energy etc.)
THE SECOND LOOP 9.50 – 18.00/ eight and a half hours, 110km/1356m vertical
- Service car/ short rest (20 min) approximately 12.00 o’clock at Valkeakoski
- Service car, rest and lunch (45 min) approximately 14.00 o’clock at Pälkäne (Aapiskukko). (Opportunity to fill your bottles and buy a warm meal.)
THE SECOND LOOP ENDS at 18.00 Saturday/ Finishline in TESC. Warm meal and warm shower.